Thursday

Using God's Word

What is Gods word?

The Bible is, and should be, our Substance as believers. It is our spiritual food. God does not talk to belivers the same way today as he did with Abraham and Moses. He speaks to us from his word and we have to be in his word to hear what he is saying.

The Bible also should be our light. Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Have you ever been hiking in the woods at night or when it was dark, or have you ever used a flashlight in the dark? What happens if you are just shining it right in front of your feet? Can you react in time if the light is just at your feet to avoid hitting a tree? We need to shine the light ahead of us. The same is with the Bible. While it is good to read the Bible are we just using it when we want to "see right in front of us?" We need to read it constantly and let the Lord prepare us for "what is ahead" through it.

The Bible is Truth. John 17:14-20 says, "14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

What God says in his word is undisputable it is his word and what he inspired the authors of the Bible to write. We need to live his word as evidence of this truth.
When we trust it doesnt mean to just sit around and wait for things to happen, but we must continue on in life and trust that God will do what is best for us.


The Bible is so much more than this and I could take forever and not even have you see the tip of the iceburg. I hope in my next post to continue on in talking about what the Bible is.

1 comment:

Susan Skitt said...

Excellent description about God's Word, the Bible! And the Word became flesh... Jesus! (John 1)

I'm so glad he came to save us... to save all who would believe on his name.

It's sad to think people believe there is "new revelation". They can get messed up relying on their emotions instead of God's Word.

I like how Pappy once put it, "The Bible is God's revelation. Everything else is just speculation."

Keep reading, my son. Keep reading!