Monday

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (New King James Version)

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:


“ I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”[b]



17 Therefore



“ Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”[c]
18 “ I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty.”[d]


I have heard of alot of people who talk about problems with boyfriends and girlfriends. I have to admit I am no expert in these two areas, I believe that to make the statement, "I love you" you have to mean it. Of course this brings us to the discussion of what Love is, which I hope to work on as my next post, Lord Willing. But one thing that I do know is that the best place to get advice is from God who speaks through his word, the Bible.

As a personal decision, I have decided I will not, "unequally yoke my self with the unbelievers." I do not do this because I look down on some one who isn't a Christian, but problems will arise between a follower of Christ and someone who does not believe Christ is sovereign. Problems will arise because your priorities, reasoning, sense of right and wrong are at different points. As a Christian you belong totally to God. Somone who isn't a believer doesn't share that core obligation or affection. So even if you find yourself magneticly drawn in countless other areas there is an unbridgable gap between you. If you where to hitch to different animals to a wagon and have them pull it how well do you think it would work? Would a donkey and an ox pull with the same strenght or continue with the same stanima? A modern day example might be this.(Just pretend your a kid at the playground again) If you wanted to ride a see-saw who would you chose to ride with you? Do you look for a big burly guy that looks like he could rip apart a phone book or do you chose the kid swinging next to you on the swings? Things just never seem to work out when you hang tight with somone who is pulling the opposite direction.
What will you decide? Will you take your chances? Do you want to risk heartbreak? Or will you ask God to help you find a believer to spend time with. To grow in a realtionship with but more importantly to help you to grow in a realtionship with God?

1 comment:

Susan Skitt said...

My prayer for both you and your brother is God would guide, direct, and prepare you for the right woman in His timing and if it be His will.

I also pray for your future wife, that God would be with her and her family, whoever, and wherever she might be!

"Blessed is the man whom You instruct, O LORD, And teach out of Your law." Psalm 94:12

Love,
Mom