Wednesday

What is the Lord's Plan?


As I sit here I look back over the last two weeks since I have last blogged I can't help but wonder What is the Lord's Plan. I've continued going to school and playing baseball just about everyday. I wake up each morning, have my devotions and go to school. So what is the Lord's Plan right now for me? I think over what I have been doing and realized while I have been praying, I have not been praying for the Lord's guidance. I have been praying for some friends of mine who have been going through a hard time, I've been praying for safety for my family and friends, understanding with my homework and many things like that. What I have not been praying for has been God's guidance. It ties into asking for wisdom too. When we ask the what his plan is for our life we must also ask for the wisdom to make the right choices as events unfold. I have to remember, just like we all do, to not live for the past, nor worry for the future. The past has come and gone and I must learn from what happened and better serve the Lord. I should not worry about the future either, because it is in Jesus' hands. I may not know what God's plan is for my life but I trust that if I ask him he will guide me through. It makes me think of the illustration of the footprints in the sand.

"A man walking down the "beach of life" looked back down the stretch of sand he had already traversed. At some points the man saw two sets of footprints and other times he saw one. The man turned to God and said, "Lord why are there some times where there only one set of footprints? Why did you leave me to walk alone?" The Lord replied, "Oh my son. During those times I never left you, it was during those times I carried you, and I never let go of your hand even when we walked together."

Now I realize first of all we can not converse with the Lord, but it is true. We have to ask God to carry us and never let go of our hand. I have to remember to ask the Lord to carry me and ask the what is your plan for my life?

1 comment:

Susan Skitt said...

So true Jared. We need to ask God for His guidance. We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us to help to bring Jesus words into our minds, helping us to make the right decisions. (Jn. 14:26)

Interesting thought about the footprints. (I love your picture by the way, we had a lot of fun in Cape Cod, didn't we?) Many times in our trials God does carry us, but there comes a point where He wants us to stand up and take His hand and walk with Him.

The Lord does knows the way. All He asks us to do is keep moving in His direction.

I love you my son. You are an awesome student, baseball player, but more than that a beloved child of God and my special firstborn.